Instagram Feed

Instagram Feed

Mar 11, 2010

Temptation and the Heimlich Averted

Sam got one thing from his mother, at least. He loves bacon. And, as we are all fully aware, I gave up bacon for Lent.

Well, I just made some bacon for Sam's breakfast this morning and, first triumph, I didn't eat any of it. I'm so proud of myself. Not so proud that I seriously considered licking the burning hot pan with bacon grease in it, but that was but a fleeting moment...

Second triumph, Sam started choking on a piece of bacon. Like really choking. Scared me to death. He was coughing and gagging and drooling. I took him out of his highchair and had my fist on his stomach about ready to thrust up when he worked it up himself. Good Lord. Then he chewed up what he was choking on, pointed to his chair and said, "More". Thank God that was but a fleeting moment, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment