Instagram Feed

Instagram Feed

Mar 28, 2010

RUDY, RUDY, RUDY!

I have a lot to catch up on, but I absolutely must start with this post. Lena and I just watched the last 15 minutes of Rudy, one of the best sports movies, nay, best movies ever, bar none.









I am decidedly a sports movie junkie. A few of my favorites are all of the Rocky movies (except for V, which all of us who love Rocky refuse to acknowledge), Remember the Titans, School Ties, Jerry Maguire, Field of Dreams, The Natural, Miracle, The Cinderella Man, 61, Hoosiers...anything that includes an inspiring sports story, well, they have me at hello. I cannot help myself. I'm a sucker for inspiration.


But that Rudy makes me cry every time I see it, which has got to be pushing at least 20 times now. When he runs out on the field during the final game, he's so much smaller than everyone else and has worked so hard to get there. His family and friends are screaming their heads off for him and then he sacks their quarterback in the final seconds and everybody in the stands goes apeshit. Then the team lifts him up on their shoulders and the story ends with that image and the announcement that no man has ever been carried off the field since...you can't get much better than that!

All I have left to say is RUDY, RUDY, RUDY!

No comments:

Post a Comment