Instagram Feed

Instagram Feed

Mar 8, 2011

Meet Oedipus

Rich and I are affectionate with each other. We are in love, so we hug and kiss (appropriately) all of the time, even in front of the kids. I have fond memories as a kid of seeing my parents acting loving toward each other and it helped me form an image of a healthy, happy marriage. And now look what happened...I have one of my own.

I also have a Greek myth playing itself out in front of my eyes.

My son has developed a Freudian Oedipus Complex. Every time he sees Rich and I hugging, he starts hollering "No Hugs! No Hug Daddy, Mommy!" and then he cries until we stop.

What the what?

I always thought Freud's theories were ridiculous. But we have photographic proof that maybe he knew what he was talking about.

Meet Oedipus:

No comments:

Post a Comment