Instagram Feed

Instagram Feed

Aug 22, 2013

We Are Family


Aunt Suzie and Uncle Kenny organized a dinner for all of us at a winery in Newcomerstown a couple weekends ago.  It was such a beautiful evening and we had a great night talking and catching up with family we don't get to see very often.  I'm so thankful to them for putting that together!
 
 
I love these people.  Each one of them holds very distinct and dear memories for me. Thanksgivings at Aunt Krick's house, Papa's mounds of mash potatoes, helping decorate a giant pine tree, playing with cousins, watching movies, hearing war stories, listening to Nan sing songs while she was cooking or cleaning up dishes, Easter bunny cakes, crochet hooks, church, lots and lots of big hair, laughing...always lots of laughing, Christmases, weddings, birthdays, visits, meals, shopping, cooking...
 
So many good memories.  Some sad but still good, like every family has I imagine.  One that sticks out to me is when Papa died and Aunt Suzie and I were the only people at the hospital with him while everyone made their way into town.  I don't know if I could have stood hearing the news and staying there and waiting there without her being there with me.  Strange how something like that can bind two people together.  I experienced something similar with my cousin Julie when my other grandpa died. And the two connections I have with these two women as a result of sharing such important, intimate moments in our lives are unbreakable and unshakable to me. 
 
 

  


 
 

Beautiful nights filled with family and love and laughter.  This is happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment