Instagram Feed

Instagram Feed

Jun 9, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ball Game...

My office has a box at the new Clippers stadium and, when the partners don't use the tickets, they hand them out to us, which I think is pretty cool. My friend Joan had four tickets left for last night's game that no one could use on such short notice, so I said we'd give it a shot.

Rich and I have been to one Clippers game courtesy of Casto at our box at the old stadium, but that was before the kids were born. So even though I knew the kids wouldn't last the whole 3 hour game, I just couldn't pass up free box tickets to the brand new stadium.

So we rushed home, shoveled a quick dinner down our throats, packed up some snacks, drinks and pj's, stocked up my diaper bag and off we went.

I love working downtown and having an awesome free parking space and access to our office for functions like this. That made a short walk from my building to the stadium, where we had a great time.

The only downside was that it was 100 degrees and the box wasn't closed up and air conditioned. It was open and hot.

Very hot.

But it's free, so even hot and sweaty, it was awesome!

The kids had fun climbing up and down the steps and clapping and dancing to the music. Ballparks are just a great place to be, and I'm not a huge fan of baseball as a sport. But I honestly love the American-ness and nostalgia and tradition of it and the sound of a nighttime baseball game on the radio or TV is one of my favorite things about summer.

Anyway, after about an hour and a half, the kids were melting down, so we took off. That's the beauty of free - no pressure to stay for the whole thing.

We walked back to my office so we could clean the kids up and put them in their pjs. Lena didn't want to hold my hand on the way back, but when Sam ran back to check on her, she held his hand. So it was hand in hand (and hot red cheeked) they walked down the street to the office.


What an unexpected fun night. Thanks, Casto!

No comments:

Post a Comment