- his heart breaks when we’re in pain;
- he brims with joy when we make right and good decisions;
- he feels proud when we love and help each other;
- he feels frustration when we continually mess up;
- he never leaves our side when we’re sick;
- he walks with us when we’re sad or struggling;
- he laughs when we’re silly;
- he comforts us when we’re afraid; and
- he can make good come from bad situations.
It might not explain why or how something happened or change what has happened, but it helps. He helps. Because he is fiercely strong and faithful, unconditionally loving, and infinitely empathetic. Because he’s a dad, a parent. And that’s what parents do.