Instagram Feed

Instagram Feed

Apr 16, 2010

Maple Syrup Day at the Wingers!

Last Saturday we went to my sister's in-law's Mansfield farm for their annual Maple Syrup Day. The weather was absolutely perfect this year; sunny and 65-70 degrees. And there were tons of people and food and kids and animals and hay and fun things to do.

I'm one of those strange people who has relationships with my brother-in-law's family. I worked at the church camp there one summer and used to date a friend of Matt's when Lori and Matt first got married, so I guess I was simply around them all the time. Regardless, Matt's family has always treated me like an honorary member and, conversely, they've always held a special place in my heart.

Mark and Ashley joined us this year, which was a treat. I think they had a good time. I know that we exhausted them with all the food and hiking, as documented in the last picture of the slide show below. We enjoyed having them there with us, soaking in the culture of a day at the farm.

As usual, the day went too fast, but fun was had by all, especially Sam, who was big enough this year to run around with the boys a little. He's not quite big enough to keep up, but he had fun trying. He's still little enough to be happy with mom and dad, though, so that's all right with me! Lena was awake and laughing and smiling up a storm that day, so she didn't miss much of the action until we went on the hike. Rich had to put her in the Bjorn and she slept the whole time and missed the beautiful Fleming Falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment