Instagram Feed

Instagram Feed

Apr 18, 2012

Three Beautiful Things

I used to write Three Beautiful Things posts every now and then when I started this blog as a way to show gratitude for the little things around me that I so often don't take time to appreciate. I haven't done that in a while. So here are today's Three Beautiful Things.

  1. This time every year, as I sit at my desk at work peering out of my boss's floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook the park, I admire the beautiful trees full of brand new spring leaves glowing bright green in the sunshine. Which, yes, means I'm not doing a lot of work today, but sometimes that's just how I roll.

  2. I got great feedback about Sam at preschool and at speech yesterday, which was so wonderful to hear and makes me so proud of him. He's working so hard. And all day Lena was singing songs and smiling and hugging and tell me how "pwetty" she looked in her new $2 headband and glittery jelly shoes from Old Navy...she is so sweet and so easy to please.

  3. Yesterday when I dropped Sam off at preschool, we walked past rows and rows of lilies of the valley that were just beginning to bloom. They always remind me of Mom and our old house in Delaware. So we all stopped to smell the perfect, tiny little white bells on our way out that afternoon and Sam said that maybe fairies use them as cups...I loved that.

No comments:

Post a Comment