Instagram Feed

Instagram Feed

Nov 1, 2012

Trick or Treat

Halloween here and gone already. 

Wait...what? 

Yeah, that's right.  My head may still be lost in the warm glow of summer, but time is marching on, right into November. 

I feel jet lagged or something.  Why does time move so quickly? 

Anyway, trick or treat with the Wingers was fun, despite the 35 degree temperatures and the rain. 

Lori fed us a great dinner (best sister ever!), and we garbed up the kids with coats and gloves and hats and costumes, braving the remnants of the Frankenstorm to make memories for our kids. 

Rapunzel didn't make it much past the first two houses before she had a melt down and Rich had to take her back to Lori's house.  My poor little princess.  Matt and Dylan also pooped out on us, so it was up to Lori, me, Grant, Jack and Sammie to get the job done. 

My blue power ranger was a trooper.  He kept up with the bigger boys, rang doorbells, said "Trick or Treat" and "Thank you" most of the time (I think).  We stayed out about an hour and covered a lot of ground.  Sam didn't complain once until we neared Lori's house. 

"Mommy, I may need just a wittle nap", he said to me once.  Then he came up with a great idea.  "Maybe if I eat just one piece of chocolate, I can make my legs go more"... such a bright boy. 

At Sam's request, we skipped the last few houses and made a b-line for Lori's, walking at a 45 degree angle against the wind that had picked up and was trying it's darndest to slow our progress.

It was a cold, rainy, fun night.  Lori and I had lots of good laughs and the boys enjoyed their spoils! 

Happy Halloween!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment