Instagram Feed

Instagram Feed

Nov 16, 2012

His and Her Weekends

Last weekend was my annual GWA (girls' weekend away) in the Hocking Hills.  It was the absolute most beautiful weekend.  Warmer temperatures and sunshine every day, crisp and cold nights.  The group of girls this year was phenomenal, and we ate and drank and talked and danced ourselves into oblivion. 

Good times with good people. 

I love GWA.  It fills me up, you know?  Being with those girls in that place invigorates me, and I come back with a renewed sense of purpose, knowing I can be better at all the things that I am, all the things that I do.  If I'm being honest, while those things warm my heart and bring me ridiculous amounts of joy and pride, they can also sap my energy and, sometimes, even my spirit.  But every year, this weekend with these women reminds me that I am strong, and that I can push myself further to be better every day.  Better to myself and better to others.  Because these are strong women who live their lives unashamed and unafraid.  They inspire me to do the same.

Such a precious gift they all are to me...


And this weekend it's Rich's turn.  He and our friend Mark are going on their own weekend away in the Hocking Hills!  They've packed up half our kitchen, mountain bikes, gear and are heading to the Hills tonight.  Their weekend promises to be a little more productive than ours.  Where our weekend is focused on chilling out and visiting, theirs is all about activity.  They plan to bike all sorts of trails and hike and actually do stuff. 

They're such boys.  :)

We are truly blessed, aren't we?  Blessed by wonderful friends, by opportunities to get some time away to recharge, by the respect and understanding we have for each other that allow these weekends and these friendships to happen, by two beautiful fun sweet healthy kids who miss us when we're gone almost as much as we miss them...

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment