Instagram Feed

Instagram Feed

May 23, 2011

Fleas - One. Coles - Zero.

If you know me, you know that I hate bugs. Nearly every bug.

I don't mind lady bugs and lightening bugs - pretty bugs that don't bite. But most are just nasty little creatures that make me wonder where exactly God was headed when he made them. Especially tiny little parasite bugs that hide in cracks and crevices, suck our blood and refuse to die.

Like fleas.


Most people are with me on this, I'm sure. No one likes fleas. But I know a lot of people just aren't too concerned about them. They're the "circle of life" kind of people.

That's not me. I'm the "screw the circle of life, I don't want bugs in my house" kind of person.

So imagine my frustration when I found a flea on Miles the cat. The indoor cat. After I did some quick, angry research online - I flew into action.

Vacuuming
Cleaning
Laundering
Bathing
Combing
Vacuuming
Making Rich go to the store to find IGR chemicals and flea killing sprays
Spraying chemicals
Treating the freshly bathed Miles with flea medicine
Vacuuming
Laundering
Combing
Spraying chemicals
Vacuuming
Spraying
Combing

Over four days time. Over and over.

And what do I find on Miles the cat tonight when I comb him again? Five fleas. Dying or dead fleas, but still fleas.

I'm so disheartened. I thought for sure I could beat this problem if I attacked it and stayed on top of it. But the fleas must have planned an uprising.

All right, fleas. If it's war you want, it's war you'll get!

No comments:

Post a Comment