Instagram Feed

Instagram Feed

Feb 24, 2011

Out of Order

This is me today.

Sam (who has a mild case of croup) woke up early, as usual. I tried to get him to go back to sleep, once in his room, once in ours - no go.

I turned on PBS and let him watch a show while I tried to go back to sleep for an hour - no go. Every time I would fall asleep, he'd turn over and put his diapey on my face and wake me up. He was trying to be nice and share his diapey with me, but I didn't see the sweetness of it at that moment.

So downstairs we went, ate breakfast and greeted Miles. Lena woke, ate, then wanted some dry Cheerios, so I put them in a bowl and everyone went into the living room to play.

So far so good. Tired, but good.

Then I made the mistake of going to the bathroom.

As soon as I sat down I heard Lena overturning the freshly cleaned and filled cat dishes. Food and water everywhere. I hollered but, being indisposed, couldn't get up just yet.

She was manically laughing when Sam came into the bathroom and said "I pooped". In his big boy underpants, he pooped. What's worse than that?

So I cut my visit short, cleaned up the kitchen where water was splashed all over the walls and floor and food, partially soft from absorbing the water, was scattered everywhere.

Then onto Sam's mess, which was such a stinky, smeary, hefty mess that I just threw the underwear away. Yuck. While I was finishing that up, I heard Lena manically laughing again and walked out to see Cheerios covering the floor, the couch...everywhere.

Between cleaning all of that up, our collective grouchiness, my headache brought on by the kids playing cymbals with the pot lids...I didn't think we would make it to nap time.

But God is good and the kids are sound asleep now. I wish I were too, but I keep staring at the fingerprints on the windows and thinking I really should clean them.

No comments:

Post a Comment