Instagram Feed

Instagram Feed

Dec 7, 2010

Tuesdays

I love Tuesdays.

I've been off work every Tuesday since Sam was born. Tuesdays are my special day with the kids, my catch up day for house cleaning or baking or laundry that didn't get done over the weekend, quiet lazy days of playing and napping, zoo days when it's warmer...Tuesdays are just the best days.

And today is no different.

Sam and I got up before Lena...way before Lena. So we listened to Christmas music and ate breakfast and made cookies. It was nice spending time with Sam alone.

Lena finally woke up around 9:30 with a big smile. That girl loves to sleep in...just like her momma.

The rest of the day was great. Both of the kids were great and it was a just a stay inside, watch the snow fall, cook up a storm, write Santa a letter kind of day.

At one point, I was sitting in the kitchen figuring out what to make for dinner. The kids were about 10 feet away in the living room playing quietly with each other. It was peaceful.

A little too peaceful.

In came Lena who had marker all over her face. And what did I find when I followed her into the living room? Blue marker on the carpet, green marker on the chair, red marker on the toy box.

Marker, marker everywhere.

I wish I would have thought to get a picture, but I didn't. As mad as I should have been, it was just kind of funny. It was my fault for not watching more closely, really. I couldn't be too angry.

So after a quick reprimand, Sam and I started cleaning it up. He wasn't too happy about that part but, hey, them's the breaks. And luckily it was all dry erase marker, so baby wipes got almost all of it up.

Yeah, even with the marker incident and a few temper tantrums from both kids, it was another awesome Tuesday that made me realize how blessed I am to have this time with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment