Instagram Feed

Instagram Feed

Nov 4, 2010

Sam Knows

Lena's napping. Sam's playing quietly with his cars. I'm checking email and blogs. The dishwasher is running. The house is clean(ish). The sun is shining through my clean(ish) windows. Some jazz standards are playing softly in the background. I'm feeling peaceful and grateful for all of the blessings God has given us.

So it's with this lovely, warm, full feeling that I'm sharing some veggie sticks with Sam for our morning snack. We stare each other down and crunch each bite with our mouths open to see who can make the other laugh first. Then I just look at him and realize how beautiful and special this boy is.

I say, "Sammy, do you know how much Mommy loves you?"

Sam squints his eyes and crunches the rest of his stick while he stares at me.

Then thoughtfully responds, "Yeah, me know." and runs back to his pile of cars.

Yeah, he knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment