Instagram Feed

Instagram Feed

Sep 16, 2011

First Day of Preschool? Really?

Yes, really.

Sam had his first day of preschool on the 6th of this month.

Preschool. My baby boy is officially in the school system. He's beginning his journey away from us now; to have his thoughts and opinions shaped by others, to make friends and to learn how to develop relationships, to find his own way in the world, to find out who he is in that world - his place, his voice...

Alright, I'm over-dramatizing. It's preschool, not college. But it is the beginning of the road that leads there.

I'm trying to find a balance between my overwhelming pride and excitement for his future and my paralyzing fear of leaving him in the hands of others. I guess that stays around forever when you're a mom, right?

Anyway, I thought I would add some of Sam's very first first-day-of-school photos to my crazy neurotic ramblings. That was the point of this post, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment