Instagram Feed

Instagram Feed

Feb 6, 2013

Sweet Little Lena Girl

We've been watching old home movies with the kids lately and have been shocked by how much our baby girl has changed in just a few short years. 

And perusing through my old blog posts is providing the same sense of astonishment at how quickly time is transforming my baby into a little girl.

She just seems so grown up now, at the ripe old age of three.  She getting taller and her cheeks are losing their baby fat, her hair is so long and golden and beautiful, she's becoming coy and flashing those beautiful baby blues at Rich and I when she wants something, batting her eyelashes and tilting her head just so...learning about those feminine wiles already.

She's completely potty trained now, even at night.  Thank God in heaven for that!  She's learning her alphabet and singing songs constantly and is adventurous and friendly.  She's independent and likes to pick out her own clothes, get herself dressed and requests specific hairstyles now.  She also prefers not to cuddle much anymore, which makes me sad sometimes, but is just another fact in the mounting pile of evidence that Lena is growing up.

One of the most special things I've noticed about my girl as she's growing and learning is her genuine love and affection for her brother.  They play rough and fight just like any siblings do.  But she adores that boy and is his constant companion.  Maybe it's a second child thing.  Maybe it's a little girl admiring her big brother thing.  Whatever the reason, it's there.  And it's undeniable.  I have photo documentation. 

She always has her hand on him...
even when she doesn't know we're watching. 

She looks at him admiringly...
and holds his hand...
or both.

"Nurturing" is what comes to mind when I look at these pictures.  My sweet, precious, brother-loving daughter is a natural nurturer...and I'm so proud of her for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment