Instagram Feed

Instagram Feed

Oct 22, 2011

Lena...

Peed on the potty! Hip, hip hurray, Lena!

Last weekend she told me she pooped in her diaper, which is a first (her telling me, not her pooping in her diaper), so I thought we'd give it a shot. I made her a potty chart and we tried a few times to no avail.

Then last night before bed, I was just getting ready to put her jammies on when she reminded me, "Potty!". So there she sat, naked as a jaybird, all hunched over looking into the toilet like she was expecting something to jump out of it. Sam, also naked as a jaybird, ran in the bathroom to cheer her on. I was telling him to be quiet when we heard it.

We all instantly fell silent and listened.

Then one of a mother's most precious sounds came tinkling from the toilet - her child's first pee on the potty.

I tend to get a little overemotional about potty training (imagine that), so of course I shouted and cheered and clapped and praised. Sam and Daddy joined in. And the smile on my baby girl's face was so sweet and proud. She put her little hands up over her head and cheered along with us.

I had a few tears in my eyes as we ran downstairs to put a sticker on Lena's potty chart...her very first sticker on her very first chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment